Brave queuing requests for multiple seconds before loading the page

Brave has turned to be really slow after using it for a long time. Every page takes multiple seconds to even start loading. I opened networking tab in Dev Tools to troubleshoot, and looks like most pages, including google spend multiple seconds just queuing the initial request.

Tried to look it up, but that didn’t help much. However, I tried to clear all website cookies and data + all cached files. Even after a restart that didn’t fix my issue. I tried visiting these sites with Edge and Vivaldi (also chromium based) and the pages loaded instantly, also visited pages that were not cached before, loaded instantly too. So I figured it must have something to do with Brave. Haven’t tried reinstalling the browser since I would like to keep my browsing history and bookmarks etc.

Also I’m using Brave on my mac. I have no issues there, request queuing in these same sites takes just milliseconds.

Latest version of Brave, Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Turns out it was my anti virus extension. Sorry