Brave Placebo freezing?

Description of the issue: My Brave browser tends to placebo freeze occasionally for no real specific reason. With Placebo freezing I mean the following : the whole Brave screen is frozen, but
when I hover over my Tabs, it shows me the information. So the Browser itself doesn’t freeze, but the ’ video ’ of it ? I’m not sure how to explain it better. My tabs still work properly, I just can’t switch to any tabs, close any tabs, access settings or even CLOSE the browser. I have to shut it down through task manager. Audio on it still works as normally too. ( the browser still responds. It’s not stuck on ’ doesn’t respond )
How can this issue be reproduced? I have no idea.

1. I do have a property setting that allows me to run on unlimited fps but I don’t know if that’s the reason. I noticed it happened after setting this target line. (browser games, that’s why) this is the target line : “C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --disable-frame-rate-limit

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brave is up to date

Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@7EE1,
The flag you’ve enabled likely is the cause of the freeze, although it’s tough to confirm at this time. Can I ask why you have this particular flag enabled? If you launch without the flag, does it still freeze?

You may also want to try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Settings to see if this helps resolve the issue: Settings --> Additional --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I have the same problem - reported before - since 1.1.20. Now on 1.1.23 and still happening. With or without hardware acceleration, and nothing synced.

Anyone working on this, or just continuing to ask about hardware acceleration?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.