Brave picture search is inaccurate

Here’s a comparison of search results for the meme “pedocillin” if you use Brave search or startpage.

I think it speaks for itself!!

1 Like

Hey, I searched the same. Got the same results as you. Then tried ‘Pedocilin Meme’, that worked though. Results shown below →

Not saying Brave search is perfect and isn’t flawed or anything. But do try to understand, Brave search is comparatively new and still developing and getting better each day compared to google which has been around for too many years. So the next time you don’t get the desired result I’ll suggest that you be more specific with what you desire to display as results, that will get you better results I guess. Hope tjis helps. Cheers!

1 Like

Any search engine is “manipulated” by how people tag or name their photos, not under the control of the search engine, and guaranteed that won’t be morally neutral in all cases.

1 Like

Yes, totally I agree with your reply.

1 Like

Your search query didn’t really work. It showed less accurate memes / memes about penicillin. And literally the two pictures I just uploaded to the forums.
But I agree that surely the search results aren’t wrong on purpose.

Hey there @Idea . Thanks for sharing this. Just so you know, the search is not manipulated as you’re suggesting. The issue here is that Brave Search is still fairly new and is working on getting better results. It seems like it assumed you didn’t spell penicillin correctly and offered results there.

I’d like to refer you to two replies that was made on the same Topic, both by people from Brave. I think they might offer more information on what’s going on.

and

1 Like