Brave passwords problem

1. Brave Version 1.52.130 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2. Win10

3. PC lost partition, after repair, my Brave lost all password on Autosave

I have a User data full backup, and there is file Login Data, open this file with Notepad and I can see my password logins but all passwords are encrypted.

Need Help decrypt Login Data file and return passwords back to Autosave

Thank you

@Andrews00161 passwords are encrypted based on your OS user account and password. If that changed during your repair, then there’s not a way to get it. This is for security purposes to help prevent anyone from easily stealing your passwords. The most you can do is try to use the same password and all on your device and see if it helps.

My windows account name and password are same like was before partition crash, and on Brave autosave is only new paswords. But inside Login Data file with notepad I see logins and encrypted passwords
Chat GPT sent this option:
Passwords in the Brave browser are stored in encrypted form, which protects them from unauthorized access. However, if you have access to the Login Data file, then you can decrypt the passwords using special tools.

To decrypt passwords saved in the Brave browser, you can use a program called “BraveDecrypt.exe”. This program is designed specifically for decrypting passwords saved in the Brave browser.

Here are instructions on how to use this program:

Download the program “BraveDecrypt.exe” from the official website: https://github.com/dchrastil/BraveDecrypt/releases/. :arrow_upper_right:
Save the program to any folder on your computer.
Close the Brave browser if it is open.
Open a file manager on your computer and navigate to the Brave browser profile folder. For most operating systems, this will be C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default, where is your system account name.
Copy the Login Data file to the folder where the program “BraveDecrypt.exe” is located.
Run the program “BraveDecrypt.exe”.
Click on the “Decrypt passwords” button.

On the Internet anywhere cant find this file BraveDecrypt.exe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.