Brave not working well with Azure

I’m using WIndows 11 build 23H2. I’ve installed the latest Brave version ( v1.61.116) with no extensions installed. It’s a fresh install of Brave and is as vanilla as it gets.

I then changed some of the preferences, such as disabling the setting to delete cookies on browser exit. I’ve also set Allow Cookies as the default. I’ve also disabled most of the Shield settings.

I’ve added [.] and [.] and [*.] to the always allow cookies whitelist.

When I browse to, I can login just fine. If I then restart Brave, browsing to Azure will require me to login again, which is not good. It should keep the cookies from the last session and still let me keep using the site.

This is not an issue in Chrome or Vivaldi. It’s only an issue in Brave. I’ve tested and confirmed this on multiple machines.

My issue is pretty much the same as this one here, except I’m using Windows:

Hello @chaoscreater

could you try the following

  1. create new brave profile from the menu choose create new profile then without change any setting see if it work fine or not

notice when you close brave then reopen it will open the default profile so change to the new one after you open brave again

  1. could you create a new windows user account and try brave their and see if it work fine or not

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Nope, same issue. And it’s got nothing to do with a Windows user account, but I’ve tried it anyway and it doesn’t work.

When I checked the cookies for, there’s this entry called AADSSO. That’s basically the SSO for Azure AD (now called Entra ID). If I expand that, it’ll show it’ll expire when the browser session ends, or something like that. I’m guessing that’s the root cause of the issue. The cookie is issued but has an expiry on it so short that it’ll only be valid just for that one browser session.

The thing is, I don’t think there’s anything in Azure that dictates the cookie expiry based on the browser you’re using. So I still think there’s something specific within Brave that controls this behaviour. I’ve really only noticed this for Azure though. Other sites are working fine for me and I’m still logged in after a browser restart.

In the meantime, I’ve migrated all my data from Brave to UnGoogled Chromium and everything works fine there, including the issue I’m having with Azure.

Tried both things and it doesn’t work unfortunately. It’s got nothing to do with Windows user account either.

It works fine for other sites, I’m able to stay logged in after browser restart, but just not for Azure. When I checked the cookie for, there’s an entry that shows AADSSO and it expires after the browser session ends. I’m not sure why this is the case and I don’t believe there’s anything in Azure that controls this behaviour based on what browser you’re using. I believe there is something specific with Brave that caused this.

For now, I’ve moved all my data from Brave to UnGoogled Chromium and everything works and I don’t have any issues with Azure.

i will ask @fanboynz from the team to help you on that

and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.