Brave loses passwords every reboot

Description of the issue:
On reboot, Brave loses some or all saved passwords.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary)

Save a password
Reboot

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Most or all passwords are missing from the password manager.

Expected result:
All passwords should remain in password manager

Reproduces how often:
Each reboot
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 11 21H2
Brave V1.37.116
Additional Information:
Passwords were originally exported from Chrome and imported into Brave. From very first reboot, passwords started disappearing. It does not appear that all passwords delete every time, but most are on most reboots. Currently I have been using Brave for a couple of weeks. Chrome, on the same machine, does not have this issue.

Currently, there are about 15 passwords stored. All of them had to be entered manually today. All passwords that existed yesterday are now gone.

I do not have Brave set to delete anything on shutdown.
I do not use private mode.

I have seen a few posts on this site that are for the same issue, but so far none with solutions, only asking for additional info. I suspect that people will not wait days or weeks when a different browser has very similar characteristics, but does not have this issue. I really would like to give Brave a fair trial, though.

Hi

Check these:

1. Open brave://settings/cookies?search=cookies and disable Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows

2. Go down towards the bottom of the same page and make sure no website is listed here Sites that clear cookies when you close them

1 Like

As per previous post,

If your Brave settings are correct and passwords and also cookies are saved on exit then you have to look into, extensions, may be the password manager or a possible app that is set to auto clean junk files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.