Brave isnt present in the tray or closed into

Description of the issue:
I can’t see brave in my system tray anymore after reinstalling windows and the browser.
Yesterday i clean installed my system and installed brave right after but i noticed that brave wasnt in the tray anymore. I could try and change all the settings without a result.
Even the basic setting to run it in background is on by default but it isnt. if i press start it takes some time to start itself, not much but i can tell its bit longer than before. like not instant.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Make sure Continue running background apps when Brave is closed is turned on. Brave isnt in the tray.
  2. Close Brave
  3. Brave isn’t running anywhere.

Expected result:
Brave Somehow in the tray but not there when open nor closed

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.66.90 or 1.65.123:

Additional Information:

@machtnix Brave isn’t supposed to show in the system tray as you’re looking. If you look at what you shared, it says to let background apps run even when Brave is closed. This refers to things like extensions.

One good example of this is how I have ibotta extension on my device. It no longer is any good for anything because of changes made to how it works, but I keep it installed because it accomplishes what you mention. It puts Brave in the system tray and will continue running even after I close it.

Where this becomes incredibly helpful for me is when I’m casting content to my TV. If I removed ibotta extension and closed Brave while casting, it would stop casting and exit Brave. But by having the extension installed, Brave keeps it running in the background and won’t exit. So as I’m casting my desktop to the TV, I’m able to bounce around with no risk of the casting ending.

If you had something similar in the past, I’m guessing you no longer have extensions you used to have or something changed where they aren’t showing as background processes. And it is important to note that not all extensions will be seen as running background apps. For example, I also use DeepL Translate but it isn’t seen as a background app.

So to be clear:

Brave shows in my system tray, but not because of Brave by itself.

It’s because profiles have extensions that are seen as background apps, such as you see here with ibotta being listed.

Alright, thanks!
Tho i am very sure that i havent had any extentions like this. Will try to see if i get one that does the same but with a purpose that fits.
I thought it was build in because that was a very convenient feature

I know what it was.
My good old CS friend the ‘Steam Inventory Helper’.
Thanks again

1 Like