Brave is beyond slow

Finally my ads are working, and so Is my payout. Thank you. I have been complaining about this for well over a year. It’s finally fixed I think. But now the browser is slow as a slug with an elephant on it’s back. I’ve wiped out my temp files, cookies, dns, yopu name it. So after about a month of messing with it and trying to figure out what is up with this browser. Why it slows after 30 mins or so, to the point of 30-45 second wait to tabs to open I decided to open the same exact tabs on other browsers from the start of my day to the end. Firefox, Waterfox, Vivaldi, and Chrome all open just as fast at the end of the day as they did at the start of the day, Brave becomes “punch your monitor slow” after 30 mins to many 1 hour max. Anything I open in Brave I make sure to open in all the other browsers. yes I have every browser, and every tab opened at the same time all day to tast this. Brave is the only one that suffers. I have an I7-8700k, and 32gb of 3200 ram. Everything in my system runs great all day long, well everything but Brave. So what gives man? why does brave have this issue? Why is it when Brave wasn’t giving me ads, and payout it ran alright, and now that this is fixed, it now runs slow as molasses. I am currently up to date as always, and my windows 10 is also up to date. Brave is up to date. Anyway I’m not really looking for an answer as I know how well that goes with you guys, what I am doing though is complaining because you guiys really need to step it up.

Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

maybe you have poor extension installed, brave runs great here

@Sarys,
As @structdjm suggested, it could be a particular extension you have installed conflicting with browser performance – can you tell me what extensions you have installed at this time, if any? Further, can you try temporarily disabling them and test to see if performance improves?

Alternatively, while less likely, it could be a Hardware Acceleration issue – can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Hey Mattches I think it’s Startpage that’s the problem. I changed the search engine, and it’s running smooth right now. Also I had already tried it with no extensions, it would still slow to a crawl after an hour or so. Gonna try a diff engine for the next 2 days. Will get back with you then. ty

1 Like

@Sarys,
Yes and please let me know if it does indeed solve it as I may have to open an issue to dig into why Startpage is causing the slowdown.

1 Like

Ok Mattches, I’s been a few days and the browser is working fine with a different engine. I have been using Ecosia instead of Startpage. I haven’t had a hiccup in 4 days. Startpage which I love was beyond bad that it would make me want to throw a tantrum like a 3 yr old. Sorry for thinking the issue was Brave. As of right now all signs point toward Startpage as the default search engine.
ty

1 Like