Description of the issue:
When copying text from raw content such as that displayed by Github’s “raw” link, Brave inserts text at the bottom that does not exist in the file.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Browse to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/windows-container-tools/master/LogMonitor/src/LogMonitor/sample-config-files/IIS/LogMonitorConfig.json
- Use Cmd-A,Cmd+C to select all the text on the page and copy it to the clipboard.
- Open any text editor and use Cmd-V to paste the buffer to a new file.
- Note the last line of pasted text
- Note that the last line of pasted text does not exist in the original content.
The exact contents of the raw page should be copied to the text editor window.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)
I’ve reproduced this issue with multiple text editors including Atom and Visual Studio Code. If I use
View Source to display the page content, the copy operation works as expected.