Brave for Android doesn't stay default browser

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Brave doesn’t stay as default browser even if I manually change it from settings as long as another browser is installed in the system. The default switches back to the other browser every time.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Set Brave as default either from a prompt or from settings
  2. Next time you need to open a link that has a dedicated app option like Reddit, even through a web search USING Brave, it will ask you to always open from other browser and Brave will get dropped from default.

Expected result:
Brave gets dropped from default
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Mobile Device details
Samsung Note 9
Additional Information:
Android 10, OneUI 2.5

@EG3Po,

When you say this, do you mean you went to your Android device’s system settings and tried changing Brave to be your default browser (as opposed to just using the option to do so in Brave itself)?

I tried all three:

• From Android default apps
  • Through the “always open with” prompt
  • From within Brave app

None of these sticks. In fact I am now typing in the Opera app as it opened Opera by default when I clicked the Gmail app link for your question.

@EG3Po,
Looks like this is a known recent issue – digging into this further and will reply here when I have more information.

Any updates on this? I’m still experiencing this problem

@EG3Po,
The dev team is aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. We do apologize for the inconvenience

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.