Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
Description of the issue:
After installed Brave browser and accepted it to be the default browser, I could not change default browser to Google Chrome.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Accept prompt to set default browser to Brave
- When open URL in any 3rd party apps, now link should auto load in Brave browser
- Go to system - apps - default apps - browser - select “Chrome”
- “Chrome” is selected as default browser. However URL in 3rd party apps will still load in Brave
- Go to system - manage all apps - top right corner - reset user preference to default for all apps
- Open URL still auto load in Brave
System setting shows the default browser is Chrome after manually changed it, but URL still loading to Brave.
After reset user preference to default for all apps, when opening URL, user should be prompt to select use which browser to open the web page and select only use this app onetime or always use this app.
However URL still auto load in Brave after the reset, and did not prompt user to select browser.
Brave Version( check
Mobile Device details
HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro - EMUI 9.1.0