Brave does not want to be the next Chrome

I don’t know how long Brave is going after Vivaldi. I’ve just come to see a sidebar on the left, most similar to Vivaldi’s left sidebar.
Brave, tell me, just what the hell? What is it you’re going for? Like, do you know Vivaldi? Is Vivaldi something billions of users want? Have I not discussed this before? What in the world is it that makes you do all these useless things? You still haven’t scraped free rewards. Are you actually thinking that Brave’s or Vivaldi’s niche userbase is at all related to billions of users?
I have discussed this before.
Brave, what is your true goal? Is your true goal to replace Chrome? If so, THEN STOP WASTING TIME ON USELESS FEATURES.

I don’t see the point of your post, a sidebar is something that the community has requested multiple times. You can easily disable the feature if you don’t find it “useful”

1 Like

Once again, someone has proven my point

Thanks for your feedback.
These features are entirely opt in — if you don’t like it, simply don’t use it. Our aim is to simply make the best browser we can with features that users have requested/benefit from.

3 Likes

Exactly my point.
Please, don’t take my feedback wrong.

You prioritize your niche audience, a.k.a. community. That’s wasted effort

So your “feedback” is that Brave should become a 1:1 copy of Chrome?

I think it’s better if the browers gives us more freedom in customizability. But I agree with you on one point. It’s kind of a niche browser, with fanboy users. I don’t see it becoming mainstream in It’s current state.

1 Like

No. If Brave would be nothing but a clone of Chrome, nobody would choose Brave, because there would be no difference in demand between Chrome and Brave. That said, that does not mean Brave should not clone Chrome. From a certain perspective, Brave must clone Chrome, in order to become the next Chrome. That perspective is speed, on a single tab, with just raw text. (I really am repeating myself.)

Brave currently is a browser that limits itself to a niche audience, to a community, to fanboys. Brave’s focus is not on the mainstream. My post was just to name one example, the sidebar on the left. If someone actually thinks that such development is for the mainstream, then I laugh straight in their face, because such a thing is hella funny.

Brave is a browser. Just like Chrome is a browser. Do you see Chrome working on google search? No. Google started out with a search engine. They made that big. Next, they moved on to other features, such as a web browser. Currently, Brave is in no position to allow itself to go around and look to do everything at once. If it’s for the mainstream, they need to pause everything but development on the browser itself. And such development is not about what the fanboys ask for. Such development must be focussed on the mainstream. Oh, and Brave, the mainstream doesn’t tell you what they want. The mainstream never told Chrome what they wanted. Chrome learned to adapt to the mainstream. (If Chrome would’ve sticked with the fanboys, like Brave currently does, Chrome would never have it’s current market share. Then people would still be using internet explorer.)

This is exactly my point. Brave, you better read that line, at least, a hundred times. You really need to.

What is ths discussion about? I’d like to have a sidebar like in Vivaldi i Brave. But there is no such thing. At least not in V1.36.117 for Mac. What’s wrong?

What sidebar? I see no sidebar on my brave nor anything in settings to enable a sidbar.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.