Brave desktop crashes randomly (Windows 10)

[Cause of this issue found here : Reader makes Brave crash]

Description of the issue:

Brave crashes when opening some pages (that seems random, one example is the one that I provide after). It crashes everytime I try to open one of these pages, and everyday I discover pages where I can’t go because brave crashes when trying to open them.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Launch brave browser
  2. Go to page https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018228951-How-do-I-submit-a-bug-report-
  3. Brave crashes

Expected result:

Access the webpage

Brave Version( check About Brave):

v1.42.88

Does it happen in a Private window?

Are you using any extensions? And if so, have you tried disabling all of them and see if the problem continues?

Yes, same thing in private window and I just tried without extensions, the problem is still here.

Are you using reader mode or is it activated by default in the settings? I just raised this issue on my end as the reader makes my Brave crash.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I deactivated the reader by default and it works. I just tried and the moment I activated it on the page brave crashed, so the problem clearly comes from here.
Thanks again !

1 Like

use gnu/ linux it’ll not crash there tested on AmogOS b. brave is sus don’t use it or they will steal your date among (us) with passwords and logins read their privay poolicy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.