Brave randomly crashes after opening

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Brave just randomly crashes once whenever I just go to any site upon opening it.

Description of the issue: Brave crashes randomly upon opening it and loading different tabs.
How can this issue be reproduced?

  1. Open Brave
  2. Open tabs that range from various websites such as google, youtube, x etc.

Expected result: Brave should not crash upon opening it.

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.59.124

Additional Information: I have no idea why it randomly crashes like this. Even with acceleration turned on or off this still applies.

Are you able to open brave://crashes? If so, can you please share any crash report IDs you have here?

Also, do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? Does the browser crash after being opened based on amount of time opened? For example, if you just launch the browser then leave it alone for a minute before visiting any site, will it still crash?

I don’t know what else to share of this except that I clicked send now as I assume that it sends the log files to the support team?

I have atleast four extensions installed throughout and yes it crashes with them. As for when it crashes, I can only remember that it crashes whenever I just open the youtube website. Its not frequent and its occasional but that’s where it mostly happens. There was also one time that if I opened multiple tabs it did crash but I can’t remember beyond this.

Can you please copy/paste/send the crash report IDs listed in the screenshot above? Thank you

@WrongRookie actually, I need to correct something. In the screenshot you shared, nothing has been uploaded. You need to click on Send Now to initiate the upload, then close Brave for like 10-30 seconds (it uploads in background when not busy). When you open and go back to brave://crashes afterward, it should have Uploaded Crash Report ID, that’s what is needed.

The Local Crash Context shared in your screenshot won’t be of any help.

And if you can manage to copy/paste that info, it makes it easier for everyone to pull up rather than trying to type it out and hope they are getting it right.


1 Like

Ok here are the ids

Uploaded crash report ID: 0b820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000
Uploaded crash report ID: 0d820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000
Uploaded crash report ID: 0a820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000
Uploaded crash report ID: 07820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000
Uploaded crash report ID: 00820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000
Uploaded crash report ID: 05820d00-be6a-ef0a-0000-000000000000

I hope this is what is needed from your side. Please let me know if anything else is needed from my side!

1 Like

Can you please tell me the specific extensions you have installed?

@Mattches There is clipt, strong password generator, Bitdefender and tubebuddy.

I’ve logged your issue here for our devs to track:

Are you able to keep the browser open long enough to disable all of the extensions? If so, can you please try this and then test to see if the browser still crashes?

Thank you

Ok I’ll try disabling the extensions for sometime and I’ll give you an update.

I have tested it so far without the extensions and it hasn’t crashed. Though stranglely enough youtube studio is behaving weirdly unlike before.

1 Like

That lets you know it was one of the extensions or just interaction between a couple. Up to you if you’re going to add any back to Brave to see if you can identify the culprit.

If you would, might be helpful to do a separate topic for that. Make sure to be as descriptive as you can on what’s going on and things you have tried. Perhaps screenshot and/or video of the issue as well.

Examples of things to try:

  • Opening in private mode

  • Disabling hardware acceleration (just as a test)

  • Disabling Shields

  • Testing in a new browser profile with default settings and no extensions added

  • Making sure you have nothing in brave://flags modified and, if you do, try to revert it to Default and see if it makes any difference.

But then I’d also suggest you share current version of Brave you’re using (hopefully you’ve updated to 1.60.xx). Also which version of Windows you’re using.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.