Brave deleted our passwords -- very disturbing!

We came into the office today only to find that at some point during the night Brave had deleted all of our stored passwords – except ones for accounts/websites that we had not used for a very long time. So we have had to waste a lot of time today recovering or resetting passwords for all of the accounts and websites that we must use for business each and every day.
Even our stored password for Brave Community was deleted from our stored passwords.
I do note that the pathway to find stored passwords in “Settings” has changed. Perhaps that is the root of the problem.
Note that not all passwords were deleted – only the ones that we use all the time, or have used at any time recently. A handful of passwords for accounts/websites rarely used were still in the “Settings” password list.
This is very disturbing! And it is a violation of our trust in Brave as a reliable browser – since we can now never be sure that all of our passwords will not again be suddenly, without warning, deleted again at some point in the future.

**Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.29.76 Chromium: 93.0.4577.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)

( I am not from brave team)
Weird. Also, I suggest to use Password Managers as they are encrypted and can be synced easily especially for work. Passwords containing for office work should never be stored on browser as they are not encrypted and can be easily accessed in my opinion.

Another guy had said the same thing, but he said that all the passwords were available on the File Manager. So none of your passwords were deleted, they were just hid by the browser for some reason.

So, maybe it would have been back to normal in the next update.

How would I find File Manager?

I mean the File Explorer in Windows.

Basically, he said that the passwords are safe and not deleted. They are just hidden from Brave for some reason.

Do wait for an update. But since you already got everything backed up, I think there is nothing to be worried about rn.

Is there anyone who could tell me the name of the file and where it should be located in order to function within the browser?
If I knew the name and location, I could restore the file from my cloud backup.
I’ve still been having to waste significant time the past couple of days recovering passwords to access the various vendors and other businesses that I interact with regularly.
I’ve always been a Brave enthusiast. But this experience has grealy shaken my confidence in the reliability and viability of Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.