Passwords deleted from password manager

Description of the issue: Brave deleted all passwords from password manager

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. When going to “settings” and “autofill”, all passwords from years of use were deleted for no apparent reason

Expected result: retrieve all my saved passwords in browser

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.47.186; Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Version) 64-bit

Additional Information:
The day before the issue, I verified that there was a Brave crash before shutting down the computer. I already sent the report. The error code is this: ef1596b0-bb66-42c7-abd1-7c11d39b28c2

February 18, 2023 01:48:05 Time in Brasilia (Brazil)

I hope you can help me, because there were a lot of passwords and which I only saved in the browser.

Thank you for your attention

yes this is super annoying, this has happened 3 times now in the last three months. Brave - how do you keep breaking something so important? I went years with hundreds of passwords stored with no issues, now 3 times in 3 months you break a critical feature. This needs to get fixed I will just use my vanadium or firefox focus instead.

Went to bed as usual, woke up and every password has been deleted. Brave only remembers my name/address in autofill and 1 email address but no password for it. Been looking for a solution to recover YEARS worth of accounts but there’s nothing. I’m so mad.
TF you doing Brave???

Im having the same issue, Ive been using Rave for around 5 years and its the first time happening. Let me know if u have any way to fix this

It happened again. Except this time it was just the opposite, I remained logged into websites and all my passwords were still there but every single other thing had been deleted/reset to default such as the brave tracking data on the home screen, all bookmarks/bookmark toolbar deleted and even browsing history. After last time I sorted my passwords out, I also backed up my bookmarks and newly added logins. I will abandon the BAT and just use Opera GX or something because this is dumb and everyone’s being ignored.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.