Brave crashes with lock-up randomly while browing 9gag.com

Brave Version 1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I mainly Brave to browse youtube and 9gag. I can spend hours on either.
However, at apparent random times, while browsing 9gag, Brave will lock up so badly I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. I have never had this problem while on youtube. I can have this happen 5 minutes into browsing, I have had it perform flawless for several hours. It also happened on different “pages” of the site as well. This happened on several previous versions, going back years, which is why I left in the past, several times, only to be disappointed by other browsers, for other reasons. I keep coming back hoping it had been fixed.

Repeatability? Given the apparent randomness, I find it near on impossible.

Is there any way I can log what the browser is doing / done?
Is there any testing process I can perform to narrow the issue down?

Any help you can give would be great, any help I can give, I will try my best.

Hello @Grada

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Additionally, Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (SettingsPrivacy/SecurityAutomatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID

• If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

Hello @Alice2095
I have now disabled Hardware Acceleration as suggested, Sending of diagnostic reports was already enabled; however brave://crashes kindly informs me “Crashes (0) You have no recently reported crashes. Crashes that occurred when crash reporting was disabled will not appear here.” I am going away over this week-end, but I will test with vengeance next week and report back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.