Brave crash after when trying new google search

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When I want to make a new search on Google, the app close itself and I need to reopen it.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to google homepage
  2. Make a search
  3. Click on a result
  4. Go back to google homepage with previous button
  5. Click on the search bar

Expected result:
The app should not close itself

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.46.154

Mobile Device details
OnePlus 7 Pro Android 11

Additional Information:

@John92

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Please try deleting your cookies from the app to see if the issue is solved.

1. In Brave, open the main menu, then Settings --> Privacy. Note: You can also select Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data
  2. Select Clear browsing data

and change the default browser to see if this behavior persists. Let us know if that works and have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve tried what you describe and it does not solve the issue.
Brave is already my default browser.

Post deleted by author

Hello,

I’ve tried your suggestion.
Making a search from the address bar works well, no crash.
The app crashes only when I use the search bar on google.com. I made a test with chrome and chrome crashed too.

Clearing the app cache didn’t change anything.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @John92

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> brave shields and privacy --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID.

Regards!

Hello,

Here is the crash report ID : a22e0400-d60f-7509-0000-000000000000.

Thank you.

Hello again! @John92

And thanks for your reply. I’ll share this information with my support team, so they can be aware about this!

Have a great day.