Brave CPU usage much higher then usual

I am experiencing higher then usual CPU usage from brave when ever I watch any form of video online, or live stream

Brave Version 1.29.76

This is an ongoing problem - at least a year. Don’t expect anything but questions to attempt to absolve Brave or denial that it is an issue then get ignored - they don’t want to know about it!

I’ve tested other browsers a few times in the past 12 months and none of them use anywhere near as much CPU as Brave (between 25% and 50% of what Brave uses).

So what I am getting from this is that I should just switch back to chrome…

I don’t have any problem when watching videos, but I have to enable hardware acceleration to be able to use Google Maps.

If hardware acceleration is disabled, opening Google Maps will cause high CPU and Google Maps just freeze.

Brave has its advantages so I just use another browser for videos but sometimes I forget and Brave CPU gets extremely high and continues to do so even after I close all the windows. I open another browser and watch YouTube at 35% CPU and Brave is frying the CPU whilst apparently doing nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.