Brave rewards from Uphold transferred to @BravePublishers without consent or explanation

I have a transaction in my uphold account on 01/13/2021 10:12 am that sent BAT to @BravePublishers. I did not initiate this transaction. I have checked to see that auto contribute is off (it is), so I’m very concerned that my BAT can be just ‘taken’ from my Uphold account—does this mean that BAT has other access to my Uphold Assets? Does this mean that Brave can willy-nilly just take BAT back? This is the second time that I have had BAT just taken from my account. The first time I was told that I would get the original amount x2 in return because it was a bug/error. I did not receive that back, and after a while forgot about it, until I noticed this happening again. What gives Brave?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hello Steeven,

I just checked another computer (PC2) that I once had connected to my brave awards and that seems to be where the deduction came from after checking PC2’s rewards-internals. I’ve turned off auto-contribute on PC2 and disconnected from uphold. Is there anything I need to do to create a new/different wallet on the other computer so that it’s not connected to PC1’s wallet/Uphold?

Also, on PC1 I found this under rewards-internals (see attached), but I never had autocontribute on. I spoke with another Brave Support person and they said that it was a bug and that it would be sent back to me x2 - that never happened. See conversation here: BAT disappearing fast, with no record of where it went or how much more will be consumed. This occurred before PC2 was connected to the Brave/Uphold account.

Thank you in advance,
Cliff

Thanks for reporting @cliffdavidson, can you share a screenshot of your Event Logs?

Here is my events log from PC1 (the other one was disconnected yesterday). this is all that shows up—nothing before 2020.

It’s a little frustrating to have similar issues but not see any resolution in these many threads. Must also be exhausting for @steeven to have to deal with every one of these individually.

@cliffdavidson I can refund your wallet. Can you DM the email linked to your account?

I figured out the problem with the second time it happened - it was having signed up on another computer and connecting it to Uphold - autocontribute was on :(. The first time it happened, no idea. But it looks like steeven has taken care of it. :slight_smile:

Im in the same case, its the second time my BATS are autocontributted to BravePublishers without authorization. keeping almost nothing of what i had

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.