Brave Browser is having a melt down

Loading slowly, screen tearing happens when I bookmark a page, not to the whole screen just the Tab that comes down after hitting the bookmark icon. Won’t load video, when on YouTube buffers for eternity and freezes up completely, to the point where I have to use the old trusty Alt CTRL Delete just to shut it down. Started yesterday, am now using Chrome to post this issue.

Yep. Had to go back to straight Chrome.

@Megel454,

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

1 Like

Nope didn’t help at all.

Why, are you having the same problem?

Yeah, no it’s just doing the same things but slower.

@Megel454,
Can you please provide more information about the issue and your setup?

• What OS are you using?
  • What Brave version are you using?
  • Do you have any extensions installed at this time?
  • If you create a new temp. browser profile, does the new profile have the same issues or does it function better?

Brave version: 1.20.108 (The latest)
Extensions: Honey and that’s it. I’ve been using it for over a year at least.
Does it continue with a new profile? - Yes.

@Megel454,
I’m looking into this – but can you confirm for me that when testing the newly created profile, that you closed the original profile window you had open (such that the only Brave window opened was the one with the newly created profile)?

Oh, wow I didn’t think to do that… Alright retested the new profile works like a charm, I then reopened the old profile… Sadly it’s the same…

1 Like

@Megel454,
I think you simply need to clear your cache/browsing data. Go to Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data – I would recommend setting the length to “all time” just to be safe. Note that you likely do not have to clear Site/Shields settings, Passwords and Autofill data, but everything else would be good to wipe.

Let me know if this works for you.

It worked! Thank you very much.

1 Like

@Megel454,
You’re very welcome.