Brave browser is capturing your screen?

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.05.01 PM

Not sure why this is happening, but I am not recording anything. Restarting the browser did not help, and neither did disabling screen recording in the system settings.

I am on Brave v1.62.153, Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1

@peter13 this is some conflict that’s happened with systems sometimes. I’ll navigate through some of the things said and shared by people below.

1. It’s been discovered that extensions people use are the cause. Do you have any extensions? If so, could you try removing them? Or for testing purposes, to create a new browser profile (this is creating a secondary profile, not deleting anything) and only use it without adding extensions or changing settings?

2. If it’s happening on any particular site? Sometimes when sites are checking to see if they have permission to access anything, just the idea of the browser or site checking permissions status is enough to trigger a message from antivirus or OS to say it’s being accessed.

3. Beyond that, it seems to be a known issue for Sonoma as well, even on Chrome. You can see some of the discussions of people at https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/1570crz/did_anyone_notice_google_chrome_is_capturing_your/

4. Final thing, as shared in various places: To disable this on Mac go to Preference>Privacy & Security>Screen Recoding and then disable for Brave or whichever browsers you’d like. Make sure to restart your computer and then it should be resolved.

Yes, I have extensions, but I did not download any new ones today that could have possibly caused this.

I haven’t visited any new sites today than those I normally visit.

Disabling did not fix the issue, as I stated above

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.