Brave Browser hangs (Page Unresponsive) when attempting to view an Enlarged eBay Photo

Description of the issue:
Brave Browser hangs (Page Unresponsive) when attempting to view an Enlarged eBay Photo

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264813620889

2. Click on the 2nd or 3rd Small Gallery Photo

3. Mouse Over the Large Photo to view a Zoomed-In Image

4. Brave Browser hangs

5. Error Message: “Page Unresponsive: You can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page” (image attached) page_unresponsive

6. If you click Wait button, the Browser may continue to hang and the message will re-appear

Expected result:
When you Mouse Over a Large Photo, Brave Browser must display a Zoomed-In Image. See screenshot below in Firefox:
ebay_page_with_zoomed_in_image

Brave Version (check About Brave):
1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This issue does not appear in Firefox 79.0

i tried but in linux and work fine

can you try set the Trackers & ads blocking and Fingerprinting blocking to standard and see if it work

and also if it work while you are in private mode

hope that help and have a nice day

Hello. This issue appeared within the last 1-2 weeks. I tested in Brave Private Window with the same result: Browser hangs during Mouse Over. No issues in Firefox 79.0.

then let me ask for one of the team here

@eljuno could you help us here

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

@MBiker,
I’m trying this on both Windows and macOS and I’m not seeing the same result. Hovering over images zooms in as intended. Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? Also, have you tried clearing cache/site data for Ebay?

@Mattches

1. Uninstalled the Brave Browser (removed all User Data).
  2. Downloaded Brave Browser from your website and performed a fresh installation. No Extensions.
  3. In Private Window mode on all eBay Listings, whenever I hover the Mouse Pointer over any Photo (to Zoom and Pan) 2+ seconds, the Browser hangs. Error Message appears: “Page Unresponsive: You can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page
  4. Amazon has a similar Zoom-and-Pan feature for Large Photos. I tested a sample Amazon product page without any problems.
  5. None of these issues can be reproduced in Firefox 79.0

Note: This issue appeared within the last 1-2 weeks.

@Mattches The issue was fixed in Brave Browser (1.12.112).

But it is broken again in Brave Browser 1.13.82 (Chromium: 85.0.4183.83)

1 Like