- ebay.com causes Brave to pause for about 20-30 seconds when you first load the page
- it appears to show at the bottom left “waiting for src.ebay-us.com”
- it freezes the entire page, no hovers work, you can’t type, etc
- after that time it clears and works as usual
- it then never freezes again during that ‘session’ I guess
- if you then turn off “shields up” then this does not happen, it loads immediately
- then if you turn “shields up” back on, it doesnt seem to occur again, even with a refresh or new tab
- but I have had this happen may times
So basically I don’t know how often that src.ebay-us.com is loaded, or if it’s cached or whatever, so I don’t know the exact combo of new tabs, shields up or dowm or whatever. But frequently this happens, and I very very rarely bounce the entire browser, so it does start to reoccur without that. Maybe its time related, not sure.
- easily reproduce-able for me
- Chrome and Firefox don’t have this problem at all
- I realized I didn’t have the latest Brave, so I updated it relaunched and ebay.com didn’t freeze.
- But if I had to guess, I don’t think this version fixed it, I think this might be a timing thing (saved cache?) versus a tab reload thing. I will try every few hours and see if I can reproduce.
- If you can tell me how to do a more reliable test I will.
Macbook 2015, macOS 10.14.6 (18G87
Brave: [Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
Happy to try other things if you’all like.