Brave Browser hangs (Page Unresponsive) when attempting to view an Enlarged eBay Photo (Version 1.13.82)

Description of the issue:
Brave Browser hangs (Page Unresponsive) when attempting to view an Enlarged eBay Photo.

Note: This issue was originally fixed in Brave Browser (1.12.112) Link to Locked Thread. But it is broken again in Brave Browser 1.13.82 (Chromium: 85.0.4183.83)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. In Private Mode, go to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264813620889

2. Click on the 2nd or 3rd Small Gallery Photo

3. You may need to wait 2-4 seconds

4. Mouse Over the Large Photo to view a Zoomed-In Image

5. Brave Browser hangs

6. Error Message: “Page Unresponsive: You can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page” (image attached)
    page_unresponsive

If you click Wait button, the Browser may continue to hang and the message will re-appear

Expected result:
When you Mouse Over a Large Photo, Brave Browser must display a Zoomed-In Image. See screenshot below in Firefox:
ebay_page_with_zoomed_in_image

Brave Version (check About Brave):
1.13.82 (Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This issue does not appear in Firefox 80.0.1

@Mattches

Maybe along the lines of this issue…

1 Like

@megaspaz Thank you! The issue was fixed a month ago, but then someone broke the Brave Browser again. I have an eBay Business Account and must access their website several times a day. Now I am forced to use Firefox.

yeah, the post I quoted was from 2 days ago so they knew something went borky bork with ebay, Anyway the poster I think said at least temporarily, disable shields for ebay until the rules update…

I’m actually not seeing this behavior on my end – I don’t get any slowdown or hang on either macOS or Windows devices.
@MBiker does this only happen in private browsing windows or does this happen any time you visit?

@Mattches Hello. I cannot replicate the issue. It appears to be solved. Thank you.

1 Like

@MBiker,
You’re welcome and thank you for reporting it.