Brave Browser Crashes Seconds After Open

Brave Browser Crashes Seconds After Open

Mac OS 14.0
Brave 1.59.122

Brave crashes every time after about 15 seconds of open. I have uninstalled Brave and all related files and disabled hardware acceleration. Problem persists…

exactly the same for me since this morning. Quit half a second after opening
Mac OS 14.0
Brave 1.59.122

Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID
  • Have you added any new extensions recently?
  • Did the crash happen after updating?

Thank you.

Cannot access to Brave in any ways. It happen when I turn the computeur on this morning and was workin allwright last night First time this happen in 3 years, and I didn’t add new extensions.

Can either of you try downloading and installing the Beta version of the browser and tell me if you get the same results?

Beta seems to be working. But I cannot access the old one informations. Import parameters files saying that the chromium- base browser (brave 1.59) is not available Firefox ok and chrome also ok

This was simply to test whether or not it was Brave itself that was causing the crash or if it was some data in your original profile that might be causing the crash, which does seem to be the case since Beta is running without issue.

Can you please try opening the macOS Terminal and typing in the following command:

open -a "Brave Browser.app" -n --args --profile-directory="newprofiletest"

This should open the browser (stable build) but to a newly created profile (you can delete that profile later down the road) rather than the one you’ve been using — I’d like to know if the browser crashes when the new profile is opened as well.

Thank you

No it open properly but when I want to change profile (have 2) it does quit on one profile

Thank you for testing.
When on the new profile, can you please go to brave://crashes and tell me if there are crash reports listed there? If so, can you please share the Crash report ID with me?

Thank you

Plantages

Erreurs (0) Afficher les informations destinées aux développeurs

Aucune erreur n’a été signalée récemment. Les erreurs n’apparaissent ici que lorsque l’envoi de rapports d’erreur est activé.

Maybe it was not activate

Can you please open the Terminal again and enter the following command:

open -a "Brave Browser.app" -n --args --enable-crash-reporter

I’m not actually certain this will work but it should enable crash reporting in the profile/browser when launched. After trying the command above, open the new profile again and go to brave://crashes and tell me if a crash report is now present.

Thank you

same answer no crash

this is a profile problem

how can I recover the informations ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.