Brave Browser blocks support.brave.com

Hello,

I am using an older Macbook Pro, circa 2009. Running OS 10.11.6 - El Capitan.

I recently installed Brave browser and synced it to my desktop browser. Everything synced fine, but for some reason Brave browser is blocking access to support.brave.com. See image.

I’m all about security, but blocking your own site?

Is there a way to fix this, or is my Macbook just too old?

Thanks for your help

@Frikoff

EDITED / UPDATED . . .

To be precise, you have Brave Browser going to: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017903152-How-do-I-reset-Brave-settings-to-default-

And, in your screenshot, the site-specific Shields (Lion icon) is Disabled (switch setting: Down / OFF).

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.brave.com

Enable: JavaScript

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Basic - set:

• Time range:All time
  • Enable: Browsing history
  • Enable: Cookies and other site data (‘Enable’ - Signs you out of most sites)
  • Enable: Cached images and files

Click on the “Clear data” button.

(The “Clear data” button also saves the selections.)

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab On Exit - set:

• Enable: Browsing history
  • Enable: Download history
  • Disable: Cookies and other site data
  • Enable: Cached images and files
  • Disable: Passwords and other sign-in data
  • Disable: Autofill form data
  • Disable: Site and Shields Settings
  • Enable: Hosted app data

Click the “Save” button.

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/cookies

In the upper-right-hand corner of the window, notice the Search field. There, enter: brave.com

Scroll down to: Sites that can never use cookies

Be certain, there, that none of the listed sources for cookies are, or might be, sources related to the brave.com website.

Scroll down that settings page, to Sites that can always use cookies

Click the Add button

Enter [*.]brave.com:443 as the site . . . but do not Enable

• Current Private session only
  • Including third-party cookies on this site

Click the Add button

While still at: brave://settings/cookies

• Enable: Block third-party cookies

• Disable: Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows

Next, go to: brave://settings/content/javascript

In the upper-right-hand corner of the window, notice the Search field. There, enter: brave.com

Scroll down to: Not allowed to use Javascript

Be certain, there, that none of the listed sources for JavaScripts are, or might be, sources related to the brave.com website.

Scroll down that javascript settings page to Allowed to use javascript

Click the Add button

Enter [*.]brave.com:443 as the site . . . but do not Enable

• Current Private session only

Click the Add button

Thanks. But it already was. Something else is going on. The browser doesn’t track my rewards, I can’t verify wallet through Gemini, etc. etc.

Meanwhile on my desktop, everything works fine.

@Frikoff

Those issues are not in your Original Post (“OP”) for your topic.

Two options for you:

First Option

Straightaway submit a request for help, at:

Find your Wallet Payment ID:

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://rewards-internals/

Second Option

Please create a new post with a topic title that reflects your Brave Rewards issue, and use the Template and Guidelines (following) . . . and, then Brave Support will be more likely to assist you.

Guidelines - Before posting, please:

• Search the forum to see if anyone else has already posted or resolved the issue you came to ask about.
  • Fill out the template that appears in your editor when posting as it contains all the boiler-plate information surrounding your issue. It will help the Support team members and other Community members to efficiently assess and resolve your issue.
  • Provide essential info such as your version number and OS, to help Support and other Community members resolve your issue.
  • Ensure that you’re posting in the appropriate category
  • Tag your post appropriately – note that some tags are restricted to or from specific categories.
  • Observe and adhere to our code of conduct

But, with that Second Option, you may likely get a suggestion . . . being the First Option.

Ignoring the other issues (I think it is all related somehow), I still can not access support.brave.com. I get a ‘Your Connection is not Private’ message. As originally posted…

No links to workaround

@Frikoff,
Can you please test in a Private window and also in a test profile to see if you get the same results?

How do you figure there’s no workaround there? Did you follow the link? Everything is explained there, including why it’s happening (summary: yes, it’s your old macOS).

Check the system date on the computer @Frikoff Also which version of Brave is it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.