Brave Browser Apps Not Working at all

Hello,

Been having issues after the most recent update. As most people are aware as of now, Browser apps have stopped functioning completely on Mac.

Steps to Reproduce;
Just try and open any browser app such as Youtube and/or Reddit. It’s supposed to appear in the dock before opening.

Actual Result
The icon will appear in the dock before instantly disappearing. No app is launched.

I’m on the latest version of both Mac OS and Brave, the apps were working fine before the Brave update a couple days ago. They’re all gone now.

These apps are essential to my work, I love Brave, but they’re hella slow when it comes to fixing such bugs. When will this be fixed?

2 Likes

I am seeing the same problem.

A couple additional notes:

• Clicking the button in the url bar (when on an app’s website) to open it also has not result
  • Creating a new shortcut (using the More Tools → Create Shortcut) only works if you do not check the “Open As Window” option
Version 1.35.104 Chromium: 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64)
1 Like

Just to chime in that I’m seeing the same issue. I had created custom icons for the apps also, and those were all deleted and reverted back to the original app.icns files that they were before the update.

This has been resolved now

Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (x86_64)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.