Brave Beta Crashed And Could Not Restore Windows

My 2019 MacBook Pro unexpectedly restarted last night while the lid was closed. I logged back in this morning to find that Brave Beta had lost its ability to restore its windows. This is not the first time my laptop crashed with Brave Beta still open, but every single time until yesterday, Brave would successfully restore all my windows and tabs (I have around 300 tabs). This time around, I have to manually go through all my history and restore tabs manually.

Expected result: Brave Beta should’ve been able to restore windows

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.14.78 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information: N/A

1 Like

Hi @jonodjlee, Welcome to Community!
Sorry for the inconvenience.
When you Reopened Brave, did you try going to menu → history to see if you had the option to open the closed tabs there?

Also, looks like your Beta version is not up to date, 1.15 is out on Beta, check it out!

Also also, if you see this behaviour happening repeatedly, i.e. Brave crashing and tabs no restoring, please let us know.

1 Like

Hi @Aa-ron, thanks for your reply. I tried menu > history, but the option was greyed out and I tried restoring the profile, but nothing worked. I also tried Shift-Command-T, but it didn’t do anything. I ended up going through all my history and restoring individual tabs manually, but that took forever…

Thank you for letting us know.
This issue will be hard for us to reproduce, if it happens again let us know.
And if you can, enable automatic crash reports via brave://settings/?search=Help+improve+Brave%27s+features+and+performance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.