Brave Autofill/Saved Passwords Lost

Good morning. Hoping someone can help me with an issue that came up in the last few days, I’ve crawled the boards a bit trying to find a fix.

Description of the issue:
Brave no longer has my saved passwords under Settings > Autofill > Password Manager.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Check under the “three bars” on the top right - Settings > Autofill > Password Manager.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No passwords are there, new passwords can be added however.

Expected result:
Passwords are there and able to be used to log into websites.

Reproduces how often:
Persistent, even after restart of Brave and/or system.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I’m working with Manjaro Linux 22.1.1, kernel 6.1.26-1 and Brave version 1.51.114-2 installed through the Manjaro repo.

Additional Information:
I do not believe that I configured Brave to a specific setting or profile. I have the same system user account/password as I’ve had since Brave had my saved passwords, and the same KDE Wallet keyring password. The file ‘/home/user/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Login\ Data’ exists and seems to have the old data in it.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. What do you think?

@Garland If you didn’t see it already, please go read everything over at NOTICE: Unexplained Data Loss Issue and then respond with the requested information, if you believe that NOTICE: Unexplained Data Loss Issue - #29 by clifton may not be the solution.

Histogram file shows only this:

• Histogram: OSCrypt.BackendUsage recorded 1 samples, mean = 12.0 (flags = 0x41) [#]

0 …
12 -O (1 = 100.0%) {0.0%}
13 …

• Histogram: OSCrypt.Linux.DecryptedWithEmptyKey recorded 155 samples, mean = 0.0 (flags = 0x41) [#]

0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------O (155 = 100.0%)
1 …

I am not using Sync. The rest of the information is in my original post, thanks guys.

Reading through the " Fix read of encryption password for OSCrypt at KDE #18404" fix now.

So, do KDE users simply upgrade to the latest version of Brave from git? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Or is it safer to wait until that version gets cleared for the repos?

@clifton If you have any recommendations, thank you.

Hi there

Sorry for the super long turn-around. But if you update to the latest version, you should be good to go. How did you install Brave? Just update it like usual and you should be good to go :slightly_smiling_face:

Installed from distro repo @clifton. Thanks for following back up. All is well after repo upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.