Brave audio going to new audio device regardless of apparent settings

I had this exact issue with

Dell Inspiron 5537
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Brave Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I found a workaround using PulseAudio Volume Control; I followed this guide to change Brave’s output from the new device (a monitor via HDMI in my case) to the desired device. I have disconnected and reconnected the monitor since using the workaround and audio continued to work as expected.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. Can you confirm that this occurs only in Brave? That is, other browsers do not encounter the same issue?

Yes, I tested with chrome which worked fine on all websites I tested (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) when plugging in the monitor.

Before using my workaround I also tried; clearing Brave’s cache, reseting Brave settings, reinstalling Brave via apt, removing+installing Brave via apt, updating/upgrading everything via apt and restarting my system. The issue persisted through all of it. I have used Brave with this monitor every day for months and only had the issue starting July 29, if I remember correctly I had just updated as well.

1 Like

Hey thanks @brbchad , you helped out with this also: Multiple sound device issue - #6 by Riotvan

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Reaching out to the team about this now as I cannot reproduce the issue. I am curious what the exact device you are wanting your audio to play from? Are you connecting via HDMI, then wanting audio to play via headphones the same way as OP of the post you linked to wanted? Or is there a different setup involved here?

I have the same setup as that OP, second montior for picture only and headphones for audio. I don’t remember exactly which headphones I had connected, could have been USB, aux or bluetooth but, I would guess bluetooth.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.