Brave asks me to save first download, but downloads after firs go straight to My Downloads

I have downloads setting configured to “Always Ask Where to Save”. The first download of any Brave session and this setting is respected. But any download after the first of a given session will start downloading files directly to My Download without asking. Been a recurring issue for weeks/months, but I just got motivated to report it.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start a new session, navigate to a page where I will download multiple PDFs.
  2. Download my first file, works as expected and prompts for Download location
  3. Download any file after the first, does not work as expected, file goes directly to My Downloads folder

Expected result:
Expecting to be asked to choose where to Download all files, not just the first one of each Brave session.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Hello @forrest

it work for me as expected but i am using linux

could you disable all extension and see if it work fine?

if not
could you try to create new profile with no extension just for testing to check if it issue in the profile or something else

hope that help and have a nice day

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.