Brave ad-blocker not working on any sites

Description of the issue: I have been using brave since 2020 but no such thing has occured like ad-block not working (completely).I when ever i open a site such as youtube,animixplay,etc the ads start showing up.The shield is blocking 0 ads, yes blocking no ads, i kindly request for a helping hand.

Exact URL of the website in question:Every site with ads in it.

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with [default Shields settings: yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?:It is as it should be (full of ads)

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):i havent changed anything in the shield section tbh.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?:yes…its chrome (after all)

Brave version (check About Brave): [
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

Hi @someordinaryguy welcome to Community :wave:

Could you try setting it to Aggressively block trackers & ads? Does the issue still persist? You can try using the custom filter list found in your brave://settings as well.

the second one kind of helped but still the ad boxes are there, anyother solution?

I have tried this but nothing happened

Does it work in private window mode? (or also try in new Brave profile) I had no issues with playback (and blocking ads) @someordinaryguy

My breif testing on animix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S70L9z1kVC4

Is there way to back up, cookies,browsing history,bookmarks,passwords, in bhave? Then I think I might delete the user data folder(for a fresh profile)

try to add different filters like ublock orgin filters and fanboys filters maybe that helps??

Tried everything slight improvement but the boxes are there

Now i checked that if it has fixed itself and to be my surprise it fixed,but something like this may occur in the future but i think the cause of this ad-blocker not working(completely) was the corruption of the files necessary for the ad-blocker to function properly.I thank all of the fellow people who helped me gain a better understanding of what might be the issue.Thank you for your support and help i got from the brave community.
sincerely
some ordinary guy (on the internet)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.