Ad-blocking doesnt work. Ads comming trough Brave since today

Hello,

Since today i have ads comming through on every website. I started to notice it on Youtube first. Not only the videos have ads but also there are ads on the page itself.

Description of the issue:

Ads comming trough with ads on aggresive blocking.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

No

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? -

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Yes but with ads on all pages

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 (Official build) (64-bit)

Hey @Milan03 ! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Can you check your Shield settings and make sure they are on? Its the little Brave logo in the address bar.

If it is on, can you set Tracker and Ads blocked to Aggressive?

Thank you

Porridge

Hey,

yes that is correct. Tracker and ads blocked is set on aggressive. I had no issues with this before. It always worked fine and never had any ads. But since today it started to appear on every website.

Can you try updating to the latest version of Brave to see if the issue persists?

Thank you!

Porridge

I have tried that today. But it did not help. The only thing i didn’t do is uninstall it before reinstalling brave browser. Should i give that a try?

Just installing and uninstalling didnt work. But uninstalling and selecting the option to remove browser history solved the problem. Ads get blocked again. But now i lost al my saved passwords within Brave. Is there anything i can do to recover them?

Try chrome://net-internals/#dns clearing host cache, and refresh the web page @Milan03

What does this do? I have no ads anymore because uninstalling Brave including the browser, and reinstalling it worked for me.

2 Likes

Okay, that is one way. if it occurs again just tag me

1 Like

Thank you very much, When it happens again i will contact you

1 Like