Importing from Chrome failing?

Description of the issue:
Chrome settings and bookmarks are not importing. Have tried multiple times; restarting browsers, quitting Chrome altogether, etc. Nothing works.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
See above.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OS 11.0.1, Brave Version 1.21.74 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
Please help! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @delaRiva805, Welcome to Community!
Are there any error messages telling you it failed or do you just not see the info imported?

Also, you could try manually exporting bookmarks from Chrome and then importing them to Brave:
Importing In Brave:
Go to brave://bookmarks/ and click on the 3 dot menu at the top right, and you’ll see the import option.

Exporting In Chrome:
Similar to the above - Go to chrome://bookmarks/ and click on the 3 dot menu at the top right, and you’ll see the export option.

1 Like

Hey Aaron, thanks for responding. The auto-import option from Firefox worked great, but not from Chrome; even so, I ended up bringing everything manually and it worked just fine.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi, I need to do this manually too I think, can you pls help me? Brave only imported some bookmarks from Chrome but not all, can you pls suggest where I find bookmarks and in what format , and how do I import them? Thanks a million, Paula

1 Like

Hi @Bravissima, Welcome to Community!
I’ve detailed above how to manually export/import bookmarks.
The bookmarks will export as a .html file, the same file will be taken by Brave.

We also have a Help Center article talking about import/export
Please see the How do I export bookmarks from Brave as an HTML file? section

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.