Bookmarks Bar - Right-click Crashes Browser

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue: This started an hour ago. Every time I right-click a bookmark on my toolbar the browser locks up, all instances (tabs, extensions, and anything else within the browser) have enormous temporary spikes in CPU usage, resulting in Windows Explorer failing to respond and having to refresh. CPU usage for brave jumped to 42% in seconds and based on multiple tests it fluctuates for a few seconds before terminating the task. Left-clicking a bookmark doesn’t give me this issue. I have tried uninstalling certain extensions, themes, and using different bookmarks. Issue persists.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Have at least over 20 bookmarks with bookmark bar enabled on toolbar.
  2. Right-click one.
  3. Maybe the browser crashes and locks up the system for a second.

Expected result:
I use right-click a lot for opening things in new tabs/windows. Upon right click, it’s supposed to give me those options, but instead it crashes.

Brave Version( check About Brave): V1.15.72 64bit Official Build

Additional Information:

• Windows 10 (der)
  • I’m on really old hardware but this issue just started, and everything else works just fine.
  • That’ll be all.

Hi @Nulled,
Can you try creating a new temporary test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.