Right clicking web page crashers the browser

Right clicking anywhere on any site of a web page crashes my browser. I can right click on the tabs & everything along the address bar, everything below will crash the browser.

Steps to Reproduce;
1: right click anywhere on webpage

Actual Result: crash (when re-open browser it asks if it would like to restore pages, which it does correctly)

Expected result: options to appear

Reproduces how often:
every time, saw another similar post from a while ago, even followed the only response to that post which was to create a new profile and test it on that, and yep it crashes.

I’m running v1.41.96 of the brave browser (which as of typing this, is the most up to date version). my pc runs windows 10 and hardware specs are around 8 years old now

Additional Information:
only noticed it today (13/07/22) when right clicking an element on a webpage and brave closed itself, re-opened the browser and restored the tabs thinking maybe it was the specific webpage that did it, upon testing its the brave browser itself that is the issue. Even having completely blank tabs 1 or 30+, it doesn’t matter a right click will force a crash.

Hi @Augar, thanks a bunch for reporting. Do you have a crash id that you can send? We can look into this right away.

Hi

Are you on game mode? What’s your antivirus?

So my pc blue-screened upon rebooting and after that, the issue is now gone?? I can right-click away fine now.
I don’t know how to find the crash id, as if its still possible to get it, I will for you @steeven
@CerealLover I don’t know about game mode, and antivirus is Malwarebytes, got the browser extension for it too

@Augar, can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

Automatically send diagnostic reports was enabled but the reports weren’t sent, I’ve sent them today and I’ll list the ID’s below;
d5c00000-2312-8508-0000-000000000000
d3c00000-2312-8508-0000-000000000000
d0c00000-2312-8508-0000-000000000000
cec00000-2312-8508-0000-000000000000

Thanks a bunch @Augar, sending to the team now. Can you confirm whether or not your have Sync enabled?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.