Big yellow dot over the Brave icon on the taskbar

Hi there! I wanted to share what I think is neither a bug nor an issue, but since I cannot understand it and find any useful comment about it on the internet, I decided to ask here.

Description of the issue:
Since a few days, I have noticed that a big yellow dot has appeared over the Brave icon in the taskbar on desktop, whether I opened a window or not.

I have checked the version, and Brave says that it is up to date.

How can this issue be reproduced?
1.Turn on computer
2.Look at the icon

I d’ont really know what to add about it because it is pretty muche everything I noticed.

Expected result:
You should see the yellow dot, whether you opened a window or not.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This is what the icon looks like:
Yellow Dot

So, how to interpret this new feat? Is the lion chewing some gum?^^

Thanks in advance for your help.

Additional icon on lion appears when you have more than one profile.
It shows you which profile is currently active.
You can change it in settings > profile name and icon
If you want to get rid of it, delete second profile.

Awww! Thanks a lot.

One question still remains though: why on earth did I have two other profiles called “Profile 1” and “Profile 2”? I am a hundred percent sure that I never created them intentionally. Is there any shortcut I am not aware of?

I don’t know.
Maybe you created it by mistake or there was a glitch.

Hi again everyone!

I’m coming back to you because I gathered new elements in the “yellow dot” case I am struggling with.

I can now assure you that I do not create new profiles by mistake. Since my last visit here, I realized that new profiles were automatically created on a regular basis.

I did my research, and I found somewhere else on the web some new info, though I did not find an actual solution to fix my problem. I read that this problem could be linked to updates.

Is that true? Can a recent update automatically create a new profile? If so, would you know how to stop this nonsense?

For your information, I have had to delete about six to ten new profiles (didn’t keep the count) since my last message here.

Thanks for future answers.

Hi,

Again, a new profile has been automatically created today (18/02/21).

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks for your help.

Edit:
New profile automatically created this morning (19/02/21).

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.