Bat gone after linking to Gemini

Hello, I recently linked my Brave wallet to Gemini and my BAT immediately went to zero. I didn’t transfer it or do anything on my end, so, I just assumed this is how it’s supposed to work and waited for it to show up in Gemini.

It has now been over seven days and I have no BAT in Gemini or in my Brave wallet. Where has my BAT gone? I’ve already contacted Gemini support and they’ve been less than helpful. I also reached out to the BAT team on reddit. Someone was supposed to be looking into it for me but I haven’t heard anymore about it. It was suggested to try here. There is absolutely nothing on Gemini’s end to indicate a pending transfer or time frame or anything. Incredibly frustrating experience.

Can someone please look into this? I have three other devices with over a years worth of BAT sitting in unverified wallets that I’m now afraid to link to Gemini

Thank you

Brave Creators Payout Status for Uphold and Gemini wallets :yellow_circle: Payouts Pending
Payouts will begin to process on November 13th.

Once you’ve connected either your uphold or gemini account, be patient, don’t delete anything, payouts should arrive today or for the next cycle. The gemini or uphold account would need to have already been KYCed.

For the record, my 75 bat is missing too. Decided to connect to my verified gemini account today… I suspect the amount has been added to the hundreds of other pending transactions going on now. All we can do now is wait. I tried tipping my personal creator account that owns a zero balance also can’t seem to receiving tips…

Good luck everyone. Tons of people having these issues now. Smh brave…

I’m not a creator, not sure if that affects anything. My Gemini account is verified and KYCed.

I understand things take time, but it’s been seven days already. If that is normal then no problem, but the lack of transparency on what is going on is disconcerting. You link your account, see all your BAT disappear and there is no transparency on either end on what’s going on. A simple “transaction pending” on Gemini’s end or “this could take a few weeks” on Braves end would clear up most of these posts here.

As it stand right now, I have no clue if I have a problem or if everything is ok and I just need to be patient

Brave blocked withdraw from Gemini. just waiting man. Praying for your BAT is safe :joy::joy::joy:.

1 Like

Update Nov 23rd. The BAT rewards never hit my account. ALL REWARDS ARE LOST UPON CONNECTING TO GEMINI. DO NOT USE GEMINI FOR CONNECTING BRAVE REWARDS! Better off starting fresh with KYC with uphold before generating rewards, otherwise any new BAT rewards may be lost on reactivation.

All my rewards are also lost once I connected uphold. This is horrible. No one seems to be helping us. This is the worst I have witnessed in four years of using crypto and privacy apps within the space. I am about to write up a journalism piece about how unethical this experience is so that people know not to invest in BAT or the two linked account companies.

I have also had the exact same experience.

Finally got my gemini account verified, then linked it to brave and my BAT from the last year is all gone.

After this experience, I sold all my BAT on coinbase. This is fishy to me.

Just an update to this. It has now been almost a month. My rewards still have not shown up in Gemini account. Gemini support is no help at all. I was asked to DM my wallet info here, which I did and never heard anything again. So, at this point I guess my years worth of BAT is just gone.

This has been a terrible experience and wish I had never linked to Gemini. It’s really shady that all your accumulated BAT can just poof on you after linking to a wallet and have no help, support or recourse whatsoever.

1 Like

Same happened I lost 0.1 bat

1 Like

that’s a big loss i hope you’ll get your 0.1 BAT back

wait for some time it will be normal same happened wit me last month

No I don’t recive 5 bat after link brave with Gemini

1 Like

this happened to me too. can’t recommend brave to anyone in my youtube community until this is fixed.

I lost $25 in BAT by linking with gemini and I followed all the correct instructions. I’ve dm’d Brave’s team on twitter about it and link them to this thread.

Please fix this.

Edit: I just looked at my BAT balance on brave again and not only does it now show my BAT, but it also shows the same balance mirrored in my Gemini Account.

Not sure if there’s a log or something you need to help isolate this issue but if there is please contact me, I’d be happy to provide it.

1 Like

Hi @hazencruz, thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!