Autofill replaces data on forms

Autofill replaces email addresses and names even when turned off:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open our CRM system
  2. Name auto fills and replaces the current user name and email address with one that was copied, potentially when I merged imported from Chrome
  3. Chrome doesn’t replace the names and email addresses in these same fields
  4. Autofill has been turned off, and a search for the user name in settings turns up no result.
  5. User name is one that I had to set up for a customer approximately 6 months before using Brave

Expected result:
Form would leave current data in the fields and not replace them with this other person’s information…every…singel…time. My only resolution is to not use the CRM system in Brave.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Additional Information:

Hi @its.bs, Welcome to Community!
Can you go to brave://settings/autofill and confirm auto fill for Passwords, Payment methods and Addresses, is all turned off?

Thanks for the follow-up. Yes, all 3 settings are turned off and I even reset all the options to clear out any saved form information

I also cleared all the cookies for that site, and then went to site settings cleared cache and reset permissions.

Can you go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData
Then go to the Advanced Tab
Set the Time range to “All time”
Deselect everything except for Auto-fill form data
and then click clear data

Thanks, @Aa-ron, That still didn’t resolve it. I am having the same issue even after I do that. Is the next step uninstall and re-install?

Not just yet! I want you to try and clear individual instances of the auto fill data in the drop-down menu by typing it/part of it into a relevant form/text field. Once you see the suggestion pop up can you use the down arrow to select the item to delete, then press Shift + Delete (or Shift + FN + Delete on macOS) to remove the item from the list.

@Aa-ron,

I think I found the culprit, if I set LastPass to inactive, the autofill no longer happens. The weird thing is LastPass auto-fills a name that I cannot find anywhere in the form.

@its.bs,
Good to know LastPass is the issue!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.