How to manage saved usernames

I have password saving turned off, but Brave still suggests usernames on web sites with <input name="username"> (even if it’s not an appropriate username for the site, e.g. an email address for sites that don’t use email as username).

Of course, at one point I accidentally hit tab while typing a password and have half of a password saved as a username. I’d like to delete that one (and generally prevent username saving completely), but I can’t find anything in options related to saving usernames, just passwords and addresses.

How can I remove a saved username from that list and/or prevent saving & suggesting usernames?

Version: 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey!
You can disable Autofill for addresses here: chrome://settings/addresses

For all other fields, you can do this:

• Go here: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
  • Select the “Advanced Tab”
  • Set “Time range” to “All time”
  • Switch to the tab “On exit”
  • Select “Autofill form data”
  • Click save

On every exit, your Autofill data should get cleared now.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but i tried this and it doesn’t work.

31%20PM

I’ve got no data saved here and I can still see usernames getting auto-filled.

@ry7n,
Can you check Menu --> Settings --> Additional Settings --> Autofill --> Addresses & More and see if there’s anything listed there? Can you give some examples sites in which this is confirmed to occur?

@Mattches we’re close!

If I toggle off Save and fill addresses in that menu, then Brave no longer autofills those usernames. However, the list of addresses under Saved addresses will appear here is empty.

If I toggle Save and fill addresses back on, then it fills in usernames again, and the saved data I want to remove is back — it appears I might not be able to delete these saved usernames via the interface.

@ry7n,
In the Addresses & more menu, if you toggle this feature On and the list populates, can you not remove them using the “3 dots” menu to the right of the form data?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.