Auto-Contribute Issues

Dear Brave Support team,

As I was checking my portfolio today, I noticed an unauthorized transaction for my BAT. 20 BAT have been sent to Brave Software International without my consent and the auto-contribution option turned off. Upon further research I have found this support page: For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug
I am providing a screenshot of the transaction where the Reverse chain ID is stated.
My Brave version is : Version 1.18.78
I am asking for a Refund, as the transaction was unauthorized.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hello steeven,

I use Brave on multiple devices, but I only have my Uphold wallet linked to one of them. The other devices have local wallets.

I am providing the screenshots you asked for.

Thanks

Hello steeven,

do you have any updates on the situation? I have seen a couple of people having the same issue.

Thank you in advance!

Dear Brave,

Please refund this amount (8.75 BAT). I had the auto-contribute function turned off
I too am asking for a Refund, as the transaction was unauthorized. Transaction is attached as a .jpg file. Version 1.19.92 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I can send you more personal account details via my email address if needed.

Sincerely,

Tristan Currie
[email protected]BAT

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.