Auto contribute doesn't push my contributions monthly since January stating lack of funds but wallet has plenty of funds

I still have 12 days to wait, but I’ll report back once the time comes.

IIRC, this issue should have been fixed in the update to v0.62.50 (released yesterday)

2 Likes

It told me yesterday that I had insufficient funds, but I’m on v0.62.50 now, so the browser update may have been released after the warning message. Distribution scheduled for Saturday, so I guess I’ll find out then.

Don’t close this topic. The problem still exists ar at least it still exists for me. I have current version and have tried to reinstall. Problem remains.

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought the topic wouldn’t close while having regular comments. If it does, I’ll open a new one just before the end date and leave a link to the other one on both of them.

2 Likes

@filipebet, appreciate the assistance. The topic autocloses in two weeks but I will make sure it stays open until the issue is resolved.

@grabe,
Can you share a screenshot of the error message as it’s displayed on your end?

2 Likes

When https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3640 was logged it was thought that this was a single issue. However, after discussing with Dev, a subsequent issue - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3897 was logged.

From my understanding, issue 3640 handled the extra (unnecessary) insufficient funds notification and 3897 adds a balance check prior to monthly auto contribute. Hopefully this extra check will resolve the inability to contribute.

3 Likes

There is no error message. No matter what I browse, nothing appears in the panel of the Rewards page - auto-contribute - that lists the sites visited and the % of time. This is a recent issue. I was away from my open for a couple of months and when I returned the browser has problems. I assume this has something to do with the new month as an inactive computer should not have been a problem.

My version of Brave also claims I have not BAT available to award the sites I visit - this is a different issue, but it appears to have happened to others as well.

I use a iMac with current OS.

Nope. Got another “insufficient funds” notification. Apparently, it has not been fixed.

So, it is also happening on my android browser. A different wallet, 25 BAT balance and 20 BAT for contribution. The same message of insufficient funds appeared. It seems to be much more generalized than I thought in the beginning.

1 Like

I just noticed that the same problem was reported in a closed post that can be found here:

@notbilly @valhar2000 @segbert @dougsandlin @psm @stevej4 @JohnB @rdiaz can you report on the current status of your situation?

1 Like

My next payment date is May 3rd - I will try and remember to post an update as the date approaches the next payment date. From what I can gather, this is supposed to be fixed in Version 0.62 according to @LaurenWags so I’m not expecting any changes until that version is released.

edit: spelling

1 Like

It’s still happening.

1 Like

I too am getting the insufficient funds notice. But have 175.0 BAT in wallet.
Brave version indicates:
Brave is up to date
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Me too. On android. All info in screenshots.

I can report that both my mobile browser and pc browser have pushed my monthly contributions. Weirdly they both showed the message saying the contribution would fail and the wallet needed a deposit, but after that showed that the contribution has gone through. So there’s still something not quite right, but it seems to be working.

Maybe it would be useful not to close this thread in 2 days as there’s still several people reporting the same issue? It would be easy for everyone to follow :wink:

Meanwhile, due to smart contract expiration during the four months of failed payments, I’ve lost somewhere around 150-200 BAT in previously claimed rewards (on two computers). And I’m reluctant to add my own funds when there’s no capability to withdraw if it continues failing… Guess I’ll have to go ahead and add funds, but I don’t have a real good feeling about this turn of events. I understand that it’s not, but it still feels a little bit like a bait and switch.

A month later, on a more recent version, I just got a warning that in two days my BAT will not be distributed due to insufficient funds. Same exact behavior I saw in Version 0.60

This topic was automatically closed after 59 days. New replies are no longer allowed.