Confused about Brave rewards

Hello,

Is there any possibility of finding some assistance with a particular problem I’m having with Brave?

Every month it is the same. This has been going on for so long now I have forgotten when it started. My Brave browser tells me that my auto-contributions could not be made because of insufficient funds. My contributions are set at 20 BAT per month, according to information in the “Rewards” tab of the browser.

So, every month, I then click on the little red triangle to the right hand side of the title bar in the browser. When I do that, it tells me that my wallet contains 231 BAT which is worth $81 USD, which would appear to be “sufficient funds”, at least within the terms of my admittedly limited comprehension. It also tells me that 40 BAT are the result of a grant, which will expire on the 1st of June this year.

So then I click on the link that says, “Add funds”. When I do that, it gives me an ETH address for contributions. When I put this address into Etherscan, it tells me that the balance of the wallet is 138.333 BAT. This BAT was in fact sent there by me from Coinbase, where I purchased it. None of it has been taken for contributions, which was the very reason I sent it there so long ago! There have also been some grants of tokens I believe, and I have also made here and there a tip to creators of content, but what has happened to these amounts, or where I might find them accounted for in some way, I know absolutely nothing.

I don’t understand why the balance of my wallet according to Brave is about 231 BAT, but Etherscan tells me it is 138 BAT. Are there two wallets rather than one?

Nor do I understand why there is insufficient funds for my monthly contribution of 20 BAT, regardless of the reasons for the discrepancy between the two figures above.

I have no recurring monthly tips.

Brave is up to date. The version is:

Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Am I missing something here? Or, assuming it is the same issue that has been mentioned by others here, should I simply wait for a fix? And is there somewhere I can see the history of all of the transactions I have made?

Miss P.