No monthly rewards or tipping possible

Since I upgraded to the newest version (Chromium) the rewards are not working, again (had this problem for almost half a year on the old version).

I get this message:
Their planned monthly automatic contributions and tips could not be paid due to lack of credit. We will try again in 30 days.
Planning to give 30BAT, balance is 95BAT.

Also tipping it not working. I can hit the button and enter what I want, but nothing happens. At least it is not working for all pages. brave.com is working, but www.kuketz-blog.de is not (balance stays the same and in the tip section nothing is added)

Version 0.58.21 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
Win10, german language

new month, same problem.

my balance: 134.9 BAT
my planned contribution: 40 BAT
my contribution: 0 BAT because I have unsufficient funds ?!

Apologize for late response @jc1337.

Can you update your Brave to the latest version 0.60.45? This version should have a fix for this issue.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

thanks for replying. already on this version but still not working

I did install the update one last week but today got the message of insufficient funds. this is why I posted it again

I have the same issue on 0.60.45 - monthly contribution 20, wallet balance 160 but failing to complete due to insufficient funds. I’ve had this problem since moving over to the Chromium builds, tried clearing all local data and restoring the wallet to no avail.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation @jc1337 @Ocram,

Let me cc @LaurenWags @kamil @Mattches on thus in case they require more info.

I’m having the same issue on 0.60.45 with the Insufficient Funds error. Last 2 months on Chromium builds were fine.

I’ve also noticed some strange behaviour with the rewards designated for creators who haven’t signed up yet. Over 1 Billion BAT not claimed. Something is not quite right there.

Issue still present on 0.61.51

I think there are several issues at play here:

1. This one for incorrectly receiving ‘Insufficient Funds’ message and not being able to contribute: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3640
  2. Possibly this issue for when you are unable to contribute AND unable to tip (note, only when you have problems tipping a Verified site… see below for some more detail on that): https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3625

@jc1337 in your specific example, note that if you go to tip brave.com, it shows as Verified when you click on BAT logo:

31%20AM

but the other site, shows ‘Not yet verified’:
14%20AM

Additionally, please note the text I highlighted with a red box, that explains why your particular tip is not deducted from your wallet balance.

Hi Lauren

thanks for clarifying about the tipping. Did not see this, my bad. So, make sense how it works and not a problem. If I will see the same issue for a verified site, I will come back to you.

Best
Julian

1 Like

Thanks for reporting in!

Best,
Lauren