Audio Will Switch, but not switch back

Description of the issue:
When switching between Speakers to Headphones within the system, audio will switch once but never switch back.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Tried various webpages with audio sources (twitch, youtube, spotify)
System audio will switch without issue, tested with different browsers (chrome, firefox) and spotify client
Turned off shields - no change
Tried in private session - no change
Close Brave and re-open - audio goes back to default audio setting.
Once I switch, it goes back to having the same issue

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
In this instance, I launched Brave while playing through speakers, audio comes out of speakers. Switch to Headset, audio comes out of headset. Switch back to speakers, audio doesn’t switch. Cannot switch back to speakers until Brave is fully closed and reopened.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10. Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Brave Version 1.24.84 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @_DIIP,

I’ll see how well I can resolve this for you, so I just want to ask a few things.

1. When you say you can’t switch, how are you switching audio? Are you doing it via OS settings or site settings? Are the microphone options not listed, or are they not selectable or when you select an option?

2. Do you have any extensions that might be messing with your audio devices?

3. If you can, can you send videos or screenshots of the issue?

Hey There,

I typically use a piece of software called SoundSwitch as it creates a hotkey to switch between audio outputs. But to troubleshoot, I just clicked on the sound settings in the taskbar to bring up the audio output console and would select the different outputs.

I’m currently using the same extensions between Chrome and Brave, yet, Chrome has no issues switching audio output sources. I just turned off all extensions to see if that might solve, it has not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.