The issue I am having is that the Brave Browser changes its own audio device as well as disable the audio completely while I am watching a video.
It will be extremely difficult for me to give any guidance on the steps required to reproduce this, but:
- Open Brave Browser, and navigate to e.g youtube.com (or primevideo.com, which I’ve also tried)
- Play any video (preferably a playlist)
- If that first video has audio, allow it to finish and go to the next in the playlist
- There is now no audio on that video, or any video from there on
Audio, seemingly randomly, gets disabled in the browser. It is on a per-process basis, as one tab can have working audio while another does not. The audio has also been disabled during video playback or if I pause and unpause the video. And, as I said before, the video has changed audio device during playback. It was coming from my speakers, and all of a sudden it had changed to my headphones, while I was lying in bed watching The Grand Tour.
Audio plays on the default windows sound device, and does not get disabled at all.
Eventually, every time I have opened the browser.
Windows 10 Pro, build 19042.985
- Can you reproduce this issue with the current release?
- Can you reproduce this issue with the beta channel?
- Can you reproduce this issue with the nightly channel?
I have actually changed my motherboard+cpu during this time and the issue was there before, and is still there after. I also just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the audio as well.
The little sound-icon is present on the tab, just to be clear. There is supposed to be sound.
And finally, I have Spotify open and that does produce sound. Games as well, and have not had issues with sound at all.
- Does the issue resolve itself when disabling Brave Shields?
No, and a private window does not help
- Does the issue resolve itself when disabling Brave Rewards?
- Is the issue reproducible on the latest version of Chrome?
I do not know