Brave mutes audio and refuses to play it until I restart my browser

Sometimes when watching Youtube videos the audio stops working and doesn’t come back even if I have to reload the page. It only comes back when I’ve closed and re-opened the browser.

I have no idea why this is happening and is giving me such a headache I’m contemplating switching browsers.

Version 1.12.112

Hi @undarz, Welcome to Community!

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

This started last night. If Hardware Acceleration had anything to do with it then the problem would have starts ages ago. I never use it myself. I can watch one YT video but when I go to play another the sound is gone completely. I have the same version and the same settings and extensions on my laptop and it’s working fine there. That’s an Intel system whereas the my PC that I am currently on is Ryzen-based if that helps.

Didn’t work, also I noticed that the comments on videos that are muted are completely broken,

@undarz
Can you try creating a new test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.