No desktop audio in Brave Browser

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
I get no desktop audio from Brave. If I put in my wired headphones, I do get audio. Audio works just fine on all other games, apps and browsers (just using Edge for me).

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave.
  2. Using NO headphones, navigate to YouTube and play any video - no audio comes through. Navigate to Udemy, no audio comes through desktop speakers.
  3. I reset to default settings, have no extensions installed and cleared cache/cookies. Problem persists.

Expected result:
I expect to have desktop audio without needing headphones.

Versions:
Brave Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 via Bootcamp on 13" 2019 MacBook Pro

Additional Information:
I installed Brave Beta, which does solve the problem. I will use that for now, but prefer to have a wholly stable version. Ideally I’m not switching between multiple instances of the same browser, as that requires being logged into all my accounts across multiple instances of the same browser.

Thanks in advance for any consideration or response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.