Another Sync Failure

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Re-install new Linux instance, Brave as Flatpak (gives someone an excuse to blame that)

Reproduces how often:
Last 3 times I installed

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.64.113 Chromium: 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Fire Tablet
Desktop Windows 10
Laptop Windows 10
Android Phone
Linux Kubuntu (failing)

Additional Information:
Each time I join the sync chain I get all my bookmarks synced but browser settings have ALWAYS been hit and miss with Sync :frowning: But extensions used to Sync and now having worked earlier today fail :frowning:

Sometimes in the past installing one of the extensions manually seems to kick Sync to wake up but not now.

Would appreciate if someone can ALSO point me to an explanation of the Sync-internal page (what it all means) so hopefully I can fix myself in future. SYNC for me is one of the most important features of a browser and Chrome sync was so crap it helped me decide to move to Brave.

@methanoid,
Can you please share a screenshot of your Sync internals page (brave://sync-internals/)?

And started syncing just now… and extensions installed

Your sync-internals page have the same error as mine, im also facing a very similar issues as you where only partial data is being synced.

Did you do anything specific from your end?

Sorry, no idea why it started to work. Had similar issue with bookmarks I added on my Mobile Brave (to the Brave Bookmarks Bar) not syncing…

Sync for me is just about the most important “feature” of a browser and its not reliable. One thing I liked about XMarks (good old Xmarks) was that you could force sync and overwrite remote bookmarks or overwrite local with remote… Brave seems to have zero options and just ASSUMES it works reliably all the time (SPOILER: IT DOES NOT!) :frowning: